Flow Cytometry Processor – Medical Laboratory Technician
Job Title: Flow Cytometry Processor – Medical Laboratory Technician
Department: Flow Cytometry
Location: Brunswick, Georgia
Number of Openings: 1
The flow cytometry processing technician will carry out a variety of moderate to high complexity laboratory techniques to include: all sample processing, triage and collate all patient history, pipette and stain appropriate antibody panel for respective sample and perform viability testing. Candidate should exhibit knowledge of preparing BM aspirate smears and P. Blood smears, Wright Geimsa staining of bone marrow/ peripheral blood smears and FNA cytospins. In addition, he/she should demonstrate knowledge and application of laboratory policies, procedures, and programs with a commitment to continuous learning.
- Carry out a variety of moderate to highly complex techniques including: sample processing, pipetting, preparation of smears and subsequent staining.
- Independently perform all steps necessary in preparing a case for acquisition on an FC500 Beckman Coulter Flow Cytometer.
- Perform viability stains and WBC count to determine proper cell concentration of processed samples.
- Multi-task with minimal margin of error.
- Help maintain detailed patient records/files and inventory of supplies.Responsible for all routine daily laboratory tasks as communicated by management.Responsible for all routine daily laboratory tasks as communicated by management.
- Responsible for all routine daily laboratory tasks as communicated by management.
Associates Degree in a laboratory science or Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited institution or have the equivalent education and training. On the job training may be considered.
Prefer ASCP certification or equivalent, MLT.
Flow Cytometry experience preferred