Job Description: Flow Analyst
Department: Flow Cytometry
The flow analyst will perform a variety of moderate to high complexity laboratory techniques and must possess analytical skills to include: all sample processing, acquisition and analysis for hematologic malignancies. Candidate should exhibit knowledge of preparation/ WG staining of bone marrow/ peripheral blood smears and FNA cytospins. Additionally the candidate should have a working foundation of CD nomenclature and its relationship with various Leukemia and Lymphoma immunophenotypes as described in the WHO and FAB hematological classifications. In addition, he/she should demonstrate knowledge and application of laboratory policies, procedures, and programs with a commitment to continuous learning.
- Perform a variety of moderate to highly complex techniques including: sample processing, pipetting, preparation of smears and subsequent staining.
- Independently perform all steps necessary to prepare a case for acquisition on an FC500 Beckman Coulter Flow Cytometer.
- Ability to accurately compensate and acquire 5 color flow cytometric data.
- Ability to analyze/interpret flow cytometric leukemia/lymphoma LMD files utilizing Coulter’s CXP or Kaluza analytical software.
- Assist with maintaining detailed patient records/files of all testing for tracking and follow-up.
- Responsible for all routine daily laboratory tasks as communicated by management.
Maintain Safe work environment
Minimum Requirements (Include education experience special skills and licenses or certifications required.)
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant science
- Certified ASCP or equivalent, medical technologist
- Preferable experience with Coulter FC500 cytometers for leukemia/lymphoma analysis
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.